Sunday, January 8, 2012

The (not so) Skinny

So I wrote a while back about losing weight and how things were going well. They WERE going well, then those stinking rotten holidays snuck up and shoved cookies down my throat. And of course those cookies were followed up with mounds of mashed potatoes, glasses of booze, pies, pies and more pies, plus all those sneaky carbs that jump out and attack you. I've been slacking to say the least! So I've been trying to make some choices about how to move on from here. I've had good luck so far with simply cutting back, but I've reached the stage where that is no longer working for me and I need to find another way to keep progressing.

My SIL and BIL have started the South Beach and I've been doing some research and trying to figure out if it's a good fit for me too. It will be helpful to have others around me that are following a similar program and hopefully we can lean on each other when we're feeling weak! I've been mulling over this for a few days and I think it's worth a shot and hopefully it will kick my rather large behind into gear!

Hubby on the other hand is not so enthusiastic. He's whining and crying about how I'm not going to be using bread, and there won't be mashed potatoes on his plate every night at dinner anymore. After a long talk the other night about how much I hate the person that stares back from the mirror at me and how hot that girl was that he danced with at his sisters wedding back in 2008. (That was me by the way). I also explained to him that I'm terrified that if I get pregnant again at this weight that I'll just keep adding on and it will be harder and harder to get the weight off. So no more babies until I loose 30lbs. (Please dear God don't let that take me too long!) I think I have him on board now, I think he gets that I won't be happy and feel good about myself until I'm back under and well below the 200 mark. I know I'll probably never be the 140 I was at seventeen but I would be thrilled with 170 or even 160.

No comments:

Post a Comment