Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Peaches

Baby Food Entry #8 - Peaches

At the risk of sounding like a broken record I decided to bake the peaches just like the pears and apples to retain their nutrients. 

  1. Halve the peaches and place them face down in a baking pan with an inch or so of water. 
  2. Bake them at 400* until they are soft and squishy, approximately a half hour.
  3. Dunk peaches in cold water to peel off skin or remove with a knife, and remove the pits. 
  4. Puree peaches. Usually I would tell you to reserve water for thinning but I found the peaches to be exceptionally thin without any extra water. 


 **TIP**
Make sure that the peaches you pick are ripe. I made the mistake of getting peaches that weren't quite there yet and my puree is very bitter. I have to mix it with apples or pears to get K to eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment