Thursday, June 2, 2011

Green Beans

Baby Food Entry #9 - Green Beans

  1. If using fresh beans snap off the ends.
  2. Put in a pot on the stove with enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
  3. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until beans are very tender. 
  4. Once they are really tender puree them until smooth. Using any of the leftover water from cooking the beans to thin if necessary.

**TIPS**
  • You don't have to use fresh beans, you can use frozen ones too. I would check labels first though to make sure that there wasn't anything extra added to them. 
  • My first batch was very grainy and I wasn't sure what I did wrong, and I still haven't figured it out. For some reason the second batch was better, wish I could tell you why but I can't. K still enjoyed them even if they were a bit gritty.

No comments:

Post a Comment