Saturday, July 31, 2010

"Just when you're ready to give up on the human race, someone like this comes along to spoil it"

I have to share with everyone how blessed S and I have been feeling the last two days. I cannot get over the generosity in people that you don't see everyday... you know those random acts of kindness that come out of nowhere and completely shocks you?

Yesterday I was working and entertaining the grandson of a lady who was out front of our store selling organic produce. He was 7 months old and absolutely adorable! After a few hours his mom came to pick him up and came inside to get me. She asked if this baby was my first and if we had a lot of things yet? I said no not really, mostly just a crib, changing table, and dresser. She takes me outside to her van and GIVES me a car seat that's been barely used. I started looking it over and couldn't believe that it's the EXACT same car seat I had registered for! She also gave us two gym mats and said she has much more at home that she would send to the store with her mom.

This lady wouldn't accept a dime from me for these things, no matter how many times I asked and asked again she wouldn't let me pay her for anything! After she left I went to the bathroom and cried because I could not believe that a complete stranger just gave us one of the big ticket items that we needed... it was just unbelievable!

I am still in shock that she gave us these things and feel so blessed that she showed up randomly in my life!






P.S. The title for this post is a quote from a friend, after he heard my story! It made me laugh and I thought it was only appropriate to use as the title!

No comments:

Post a Comment