Baby Food Entry #6 - Pears
Although there are many different ways to prepare pears I chose to bake mine because it seems that they retain the most nutrients when you do it this way.
- Core pears with an apple corer and then cut in half. (If you don't have an apple corer you can simply cut them in half first and then cut out the middle where the seeds are.)
- Place pears face down in a baking pan with about 1-2 inches of water on the bottom.
- Bake pears at 350* for about a half an hour.
|Some of the pears after they came out of the oven.|
4. After the pears have baked you can submerse them in cold water and the skins should peal right off. If they don't you can just use a knife to cut them away.
5. Put your pears in your blender or whatever your using and puree until smooth. Pears are very water, you most likely will not need any extra water to thin them.
|All pureed and ready to go in the freezer.|
|Miss K enjoying her pears, they are one of her favorites!|