Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Apples

Baby Food Entry #7 - Apples

Just like with the pears I chose to bake apples to retain more of their nutrients and they also are more flavorful this way!

Apples just about ready to come out of the oven. (Please excuse the gross bottom of my oven :/ )
  1. Leave the peals on your apples but cut out the centers with either a knife or an apple core. 
  2. Put apples in a baking pan with an inch or so of water 
  3. Bake at 400* for about 30 minutes. (I found that they were easier to peel if I left them in for a bit longer)
  4. Once the apples cool the skin should come off easily. If it doesn't you can remove it with a knife. My results were about 50/50 when it came to the skin.
  5. Once the skin is off, puree and divide!

Pureed apples all ready to go in the ice cube trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment