Baby Food Entry #7 - Apples
Just like with the pears I chose to bake apples to retain more of their nutrients and they also are more flavorful this way!
|Apples just about ready to come out of the oven. (Please excuse the gross bottom of my oven :/ )|
- Leave the peals on your apples but cut out the centers with either a knife or an apple core.
- Put apples in a baking pan with an inch or so of water
- Bake at 400* for about 30 minutes. (I found that they were easier to peel if I left them in for a bit longer)
- Once the apples cool the skin should come off easily. If it doesn't you can remove it with a knife. My results were about 50/50 when it came to the skin.
- Once the skin is off, puree and divide!
|Pureed apples all ready to go in the ice cube trays.|