Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Adventures in Baby Food

Baby Food Entry #1 - Carrots

I have decided to make my own baby food. A few friends have done it and said how easy it was and how much fun they had doing it. So I decided to give it a whirl. I made my first batch yesterday... K's first food will be carrots! I really enjoyed cooking for her.

  1. Cut carrots up into slivers. (I used 'baby' carrots)
  2. Put them into a pan with just a little bit of water and cook/steam until they are very tender. Be sure to watch the water level while the carrots are cooking or you will burn them like I did the first batch!
  3. Save any of the leftover water they were cooked in.
  4. Put cooked carrots into blender and puree until smooth. Adding cooking water (if needed) to thin.
here's the almost empty bowl of pureed carrots

all divided up into 1oz containers!






K got to try it this afternoon, she wasn't so sure at first but I think she'll enjoy it more once she gets used to the idea. Here's some pictures of our first try!

not so sure I like this...

Daddy feeding K
OK this isn't so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment