Ingredients to make 2 Stromboli:
2 loaves of frozen bread dough
1lb mozzarella cheese
1/2lb of thinly sliced pepperoni (sometimes I just use the stuff from the pizza aisle)
1pkg of hard salami (or 1/2lb if you get it from the deli)
1lb of ham
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 pepper, thinly sliced
Mushrooms, thinly sliced
This is my favorite kind of frozen dough to use.
- Thaw bread according to package directions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough out into a long rectangle shape about 1/4 inch thick and move to a cookie sheet.
- Layer with meats, cheese and veggies right down the center leaving some space at the top and bottom. (Cannot believe I forgot a picture for this step!)
- Fold each end up and then each side to seal.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with marinara sauce.