Friday, April 1, 2011

Avocado

Baby Food Entry #3 - Avocado

I know I know when most people think of avocados they think "GROSS" but they are so full of nutrients and 'good fats', I really recommend giving them a try. Unfortunately they are one of those foods that just don't freeze well pureed, so they are best served fresh.
  1. Pick out an avocado that is firm when pushed but gives slightly. 
  2. Cut in half and scoop out the pit. 
  3. Then scoop out the insides and mash them until smooth. 
All mashed up and ready for K to gobble up!
She thought they were pretty good!

 **TIPS and FUN FACTS**
  • Avocados mix really well with bananas, but don't mix unless baby has already had both of these separately!
  • Avocados are not a veggie they are a fruit. I did not know this! Maybe I'm a little late to the game on this one?!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment