Baby Food Entry #3 - Avocado
I know I know when most people think of avocados they think "GROSS" but they are so full of nutrients and 'good fats', I really recommend giving them a try. Unfortunately they are one of those foods that just don't freeze well pureed, so they are best served fresh.
- Pick out an avocado that is firm when pushed but gives slightly.
- Cut in half and scoop out the pit.
- Then scoop out the insides and mash them until smooth.
|All mashed up and ready for K to gobble up!|
|She thought they were pretty good!|
**TIPS and FUN FACTS**
- Avocados mix really well with bananas, but don't mix unless baby has already had both of these separately!
- Avocados are not a veggie they are a fruit. I did not know this! Maybe I'm a little late to the game on this one?!