Monday, April 15, 2013

Freezer Cooking

With my due date less than a month away now I made the decision that I wanted to get a bunch of freezer meals stocked up. That way after the little guy arrives I will have some quick and easy to prepare meals. I started scouring Pinterest and made up a spreadsheet of recipes that sounded good to me and then had hubby go through and pick out 10 that he liked too. I used my spreadsheet to help myself create a shopping list and printed it out.

First thing I did was go shopping in my own pantry, fridge and freezer. We butcher our own cows so I knew I would have lots of ground round and lots of frozen veggies from our garden. Then I reviewed my spreadsheet and eliminated all the things that I already had on hand. Saturday morning we went off to the store and bought all the things I needed to get our meals made. It cost me approximately $120 to buy all the supplies, I didn't think that was too bad.

Here's what we came up with. Some are slow cooker meals and require nothing more than chopping things and tossing them in freezer bags, others require some minimal cooking.

  1. Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
  2. Chicken Cordon Bleu Bundles
  3. Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes
  4. Marinated and Baked Pork Chops
  5. Stephanies Goulash/Beef Stew
  6. Savory Vegetable Beef Stew
  7. Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
  8. Baked Ziti 
  9. Lasagna
  10. Chicken Caccatorie


Click the link below to see all the recipes we used! All of the recipes are linked back to the page where I got them from, except the last 3 which were recipes I already had.

Some of these recipes make more than one meal, so all in all I got 15 meals out of these 10 recipes! I also had 2 large chicken breasts left over so I tossed them in a bag with some Italian dressing and got an extra meal!
Finished product!

I wish I had taken pictures as I went along (it was pretty much controlled chaos), but I didn't think of it until later on. Maybe next time!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you daughter! Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try some. Good job! luv mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You look like you will be set!

    ReplyDelete